Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Easter Holiday: Part 3

Our last leg of our Journey was London and Scotland. After a week and a half in France and Italy, it was great to be back in the UK. It felt relieving to be back in a familiar country, even though I had never been to London before. We met up with Erika and continued our journey. I was quick to assume London would be very touristy but I was wrong, London was amazing. We went in the London Eye, saw the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace, took a stroll down Abbey Road, and went in King's Cross Station. 




After another exhausting three days, the Eric/ka's and I headed up to Scotland. Scotland is by far my favorite place I've visited. There is so much natural beauty it is hard not to fall in love with it. In seven short days we were able to explore Glasgow, Oban, Fort William, Inverness, and Isle of Skye. Whilst in Fort William, we hiked to a gorge and spent the day in a valley. That day was by far one of my favorite days since being here. Life just seemed to press pause and I had to constantly remind myself that I was casually taking a nap in a bed of daffodils in the middle of Scotland. 


Gondola ride to see Ben Nevis Mt.

We were in Inverness on Easter and found a church to attend Easter Mass. Even though being away from home and family was a bit difficult, I felt at home because everyone in the community was very welcoming and made sure we were included. 

We also made Easter dinner in our hostel (Yorkshire Pudding!) which turned out really well and shows the importance of surrounding yourself with great people and friends because they make even the hardest of times worthwhile. 

At the end of two and a half weeks, we were on our way back to Ormskirk and I couldn't have been more excited. Ormskirk is home and I am beyond thrilled to be back.