Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Campus Life

This past week as been very productive. I have a lot of assignments due at the end of March which feels a lot like midterm week (more like midterm month). I still find school a bit difficult because a lot of assignments are outlines which are structured a bit differently than in the States. However, the professors and tutors are extremely helpful which takes the pressure off. My new favorite obsession is spending my whole day in the Hub working on outlines and projects. It's a great atmosphere and it makes me feel at home. 

Other than a week full of school work, things here have been 'normal'. By normal I mean, great. As with every week, I went climbing near Liverpool with the climbing club, went to class, did some shooting for VibeMedia and hung around campus. 
As much as I love traveling and don't want to waste any time, it's definitely good to spend time on campus with my friends. Friendship was the one thing everyone told me about. Saying things like "You will make friends that you will keep forever", "The friends you make will be the best" and so on. This pressure to make lasting friendships made me nervous the first couple of weeks here because it didn't happen right away. The more you put yourself out there and include yourself in random things around campus, the more you will get out of this experience.