Monday, February 17, 2014

At Home

I can't seem to come up with the right words to describe how incredibly happy I am here. I feel so blessed to be here and truly cannot explain it any other way. I had this thought that living in a different country would feel weird and out of place but I never realized how at home I could actually feel until now. 

Prior to studying abroad, everyone kept asking if I was excited, telling me how great it was going to be and that it will be life changing. I eventually got tired of being asked and truth be told, I didn't quite know what to say so I just gave a uniform answer of "Yup, I'm extremely excited and can't wait." If someone were to ask me today if I'm excited to be here, I would know exactly what to say. I'm not just excited, I'm incredibly happy. Sometimes it just hits me that I'm not going to be here next semester or a year from now and it makes me really upset, but it allows me to make the most out of every day.

I have had the best couple of weeks and for the most part I just hung around campus and went to class. This past Saturday, I had to opportunity to go to a musical called Ghost in Liverpool. It was a great way to start the weekend and experience a day in Liverpool. 



I leave for Edinburgh this Friday and cannot wait. It feels like forever since the last time I traveled. I don't even count going to Liverpool anymore as traveling which just goes to show how hard the "travel bug" has hit me. 
That's another thing I have learned through this experience. Everything seems so big and mighty but when you get down to it and travel, nothing is as scary as you think.