Monday, February 10, 2014

Lake District

One of the best surprises of this experience has been the opportunity to travel through the university. The university plans day trips to unique places such as York, North Wales, Chester, and Lake District, to name a few. This past weekend, I was able to go to the Lake District. It was absolutely breathtaking and the weather was actually good (I use that term loosely). The group of us took a 25 minute boat ride across the lake and then did a short hike along the side of the mountain. We then stopped for lunch at a pub and walked around a neighboring city called Ambleside.




The university is also providing a trip to North Wales in March which I am extremely excited for. In the mean time, I continue with my classes which are going pretty well. It is definitely an adjustment and I'm not sure if I've got the hang of it yet. Everything here is much more independent and the grades are dependent on one or two large papers or presentations. I try not to think of this as weird, but rather different. I'm hoping this mindset will carry through and allow me to remain openminded about this experience. So far things are great and I wouldn't have it any other way.